My Website Doesn’t Drive Leads?Ways to Drive Leads to Your Website
- 17 July 2020
- Posted by: Lobitech
- Category: SEO, Social Media
It is bad news for a business owner to say, “My website doesn’t drive leads.” It is critical to get your website back in business, generating leads. Lead generation is very important part of online business operations. As a small business owner, you want interested buyers to visit your site, understand and learn about your services. This process begins with attracting traffic to your website. It’s not a complicated task and depends on the product or service. You will need to invest some of your time and resources.
Optimizing your website to generate good leads can be easy if you know what you are doing. But, it is not as simple as placing a “Read More” button on your web pages and watching the leads come in. You marketing and designers should have a working strategic approach to optimize your website for lead generation. Search engine optimization (SEO) mainly involves knowing the intent of your intended visitor. What words do they use? What questions do they ask?
Start by conducting an audit of where most of your website traffic is coming from, this are your lead generators. Common places a business might get visitors include:
Email Marketing: Traffic coming from users who click through to your website from one of your emails sent weekly or monthly. Social Media: Traffic coming from users who engage in a campaign through one of your social media profiles, these could be Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Blog Posts: Traffic coming from your one of your blog posts.
On identifying where the leads are coming from, you have to make sure that the landing pages are doing everything they can to encourage a visitor’s interest. You can compare landing pages that are performing well with landing pages that are not doing well. For example, a landing page X with 1000 visits to Landing Page Z, and 10 of the visitors clicked on call to action button or filled out the form and converted into leads. For Landing Page Z, you would have a 1% conversion rate.
For example, if you realize most of your potential leads are clicking on inbound links (In coming Links) to your website from your Facebook or Twitter or YouTube page, you then, update the pages they are visiting with content that keeps them focused and engaged with your website. Also on your most visited pages, add high quality content that visitors can access through (call to action ) could be buttons or forms that ask their contact information.
- Optimizing your website’s performance is crucial to increasing traffic, improving conversion rates, generating more leads, and increasing revenue.
- Traffic from mobile devices is growing fast. Optimize your website for mobile or you’ll miss out on valuable traffic, leads, and revenue.
- Make sure your website is easy for users to discover and easy for search bots such as Google and Bing to understand, include better page titles, headings and meta descriptions.
- Use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, is an encryption-based Internet security protocol). SSL certificates protect website from attacks and give visitors confidence that your website is authentic and trustworthy.
- Confused calls to action.
Too many Call To Actions on a single landing page can be confusing to site visitors. The rule of the thump is one Call To Action per page. The main objective is to make a visitor make a purchase, your Call To Action is “buy now”. A longer landing page can potentially have the so-called “next best thing” call to action.
- For example, if you have built a larger than usual landing page with multiple section where the visitor has to scroll down past 90% of the content, you can assume he / she will not follow through with the main Call To Action.
- Popups are sometimes annoying, but have seen some businesses use popup successfully to trigger mouse cursor movement – if a visitor looks like he’s reaching to the dreaded cross icon in the corner of the tab, you can try to catch his attention with a call of action popup.
- Live chat and chat bots
A Live chat is great addition to your website. You can start a conversation with anybody that visit your website to advice, direct and help. On most websites live chats will appears at the bottom of the web page with an automated message like “How can we help you today”.
- You basically act as a digital customer service. It is important that the live chat does not repetitively appear on every page of your website as this may be annoying to some users.
- It is highly advisable to enable your live chat on your homepage and then your services page as these are main entry pages on your website. Homepage is the first page the user sees when entering your website where a live chat can pop up with a greeting message. For services, it could be offering advice or help to the user regarding your product.
- Chat bots can be used develop the live chat features. A chat bot is basically a piece of software with automated, predetermined responses that are programmed to behave like a human (robot). This save you time in the long run, by helping to qualify leads and queries automatically.
We have worked consistently ever since we started The Fashion Trader and we have been consistently impressed. Our website is responsive and flexible – they have worked with us on a complete re-design of our online wine shop, and worked closely with our designers to make sure that it looks fresh and clean as well as incorporating all the functionality that we require.
Visit The Fashion Trade!
BuyerBuy provides GENUINE Laptop, PC, Mac Power adapters & chargers. Wide range of USB, VGA, SATA, Ethernet, Gaming & HDMI / DVI Cables. Lobitech Solutions provided the most prompt quote of three requested for website design, communicated well during the project, and provided a well-designed eCommerce website with an easy to use content management system.
Computer Tech Support is a London based Apple mac repair service provider. We specialize in all models of Apple computers including; iPad, Mac laptops, iMac desktops and iPhone. I have worked with other web designers before but was never good at the end result. From start to finish my interaction with the team at Lobitech solutions was stress-free and I had complete trust in their ability to deliver.
Visit Computer Tech Support!